At Interaxon, we develop engaging experiences using brain sensing technology. We are a passionate team of researchers, technical experts and scientists building the world’s leading science-based brain platform to empower personal transformation through human-centered innovation. Our Muse and Muse 2 headbands are designed to make meditation easier and provide real-time audio and visual feedback on your meditative state through the Muse companion app.
In your role of General Accountant at Interaxon, you’ll support the Finance team by assisting with month end closing process and financial reporting. You have a high attention to detail and reliably get things done on schedule and according to strict standards.
What you’ll be doing:
· Responsible for monthly and quarterly financial reporting
· Reconciling Balance Sheet Ledgers and Sub ledgers on a monthly basis
· Proactively ensure accuracy of all inputs and outputs of the accounting system (Netsuite)
· Identify and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies as needed
· Ability to self-manage the workflow and contribute to other team members if needed
· Actively participate in the annual Audit process
· Liaise with all departments in support of accounting related functions
· Assisting with inventory management and processing purchase orders
· Ad-hoc projects to support business needs, including timely resolution of issues
Your skills, experience and qualifications may include:
· Degree/Diploma in Accounting or equivalent
· Five or more years of accounting experience
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Proven analytical skills and excellent problem-solving abilities
· Strong Excel skills a requirement
· Quick learner and able to align processes efficiently
· Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge and working experience with an ERP, preferably Netsuite
· Experience with back end of Shopify/BigCommerce/Chargebee an asset
· Initiative and drive for personal improvement contributing to the overall success of the team
· Orientation towards process improvement
What we offer:
Our collaborative culture is an extension of our vision to empower personal transformation to improve lives and change the world. We have a flexible working environment, great benefits package, meditation space, onsite gym with subsidized membership, a kitchen full of snacks, a variety of food nearby on King Street / Queen Street, onsite bicycle parking and easy access to the TTC. Join a team passionate about making a difference.
Interaxon is a company fueled on innovation and inclusion. We believe that diversity is an essential part of our workplace culture, and we continue to grow our team through equal opportunity and barrier-free recruitment. Additionally, if you require any accommodations during the selection process, please let us know!