At Interaxon, we develop engaging experiences using brain sensing technology. We are a passionate team of researchers, technical experts and scientists building the world’s leading science-based brain platform to empower personal transformation through human-centered innovation. Our Muse and Muse 2 headbands are designed to make meditation easier and provide real-time audio and visual feedback on your meditative state through the Muse companion app. https://choosemuse.com/
As an iOS Developer at Interaxon, you will be a key member of our development team focused on developing, documenting and maintaining our iOS applications. This is a hands-on position in which you’ll get to work closely with our cross-functional team to continuously evolve our mobile applications to deliver impactful customer experiences within a high-quality app.
In this role you will be responsible for implementing pixel perfect interface designs, working with multiple internal and third-party SDKs and frameworks and REST APIs as well as managing communication and data exchanges with our various Muse: Brain Sensing Headbands using BLE.
- You stay on top of the technology stacks you work with, are interested in technologies that you do not, and are always excited to share what you learn.
- You love to solve challenges that will have an impact for people.
- You can work independently with minimal oversight but deeply enjoy collaborating with team members with a wide variety of skills and expertise.
- You are ready to jump in over your head but know when to ask for help.
- You believe that if you are not challenged from time to time, you are not able to fully grow both personally and professionally.
About our tools and technology:
- Our core iOS applications are written predominantly in Swift with some Objective-C.
- We use a variety of additional frameworks and technologies such as Realm, CocoaPods, RxSwift, Google Firebase and other Google Cloud Platform services.
- Our codebase relies heavily on internal shared libraries written in Swift and C++.
- We use Git, Github and BitBucket for repository hosting and code management.
- For CI/CD workflows we also use CircleCI.
- Design, build, document and maintain a modern iOS codebase in Swift as well as working with a set of internal shared libraries.
- Interact with and assist in the evolution of our internal device communication SDK. Experience with C++ would be beneficial.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to understand the customer and business needs, define specifications and translate those needs into clean, reliable, and efficient applications that empower our customers.
- Provide iOS subject matter expertise, keeping up with new technologies/services in the iOS ecosystem.
- Help empower fellow team members through training, documentation and mentorship.
- Review code from others in a collaborative way. No stone goes unturned.
- Test your code, ensuring high coverage and shipping features that you are proud of.
- Share your opinion and experience in technical design sessions, developer processes and practices.
- Develop your craft as you learn something new and grow while on our team.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, publishing, and maintaining mobile applications within the Apple App Store ecosystem using Swift and Objective-C.
- Experience with a variety of iOS frameworks and tools such as Storekit, UserNotifications, and Core Bluetooth.
- Strong UI development experience using both code and Storyboards to deliver pixel perfect UX experiences as designed by our product team.
- Strong CS fundamentals – data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Expert in Git.
- Experience with CI/CD tools.
- Experience with unit testing and automated UI testing with libraries such as XCTest.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent professional experience.
What you might have:
- Some C++ 11 experience.
- Some Android experience too.
- Knowledge of Firebase and other Google Cloud Platform services.
- Knowledge of build systems like Fastlane and Bazel.
What we offer:
Our collaborative culture is an extension of our vision to empower personal transformation to improve lives and change the world. We have a flexible working environment, work from home options (even beyond the current circumstances), great benefits package, weekly team meditations and Zoom yoga, and a commitment to keeping connected while working apart. Join a team passionate about making a difference.
Interaxon is a company fueled on innovation and inclusion. We believe that diversity is an essential part of our workplace culture, and we continue to grow our team through equal opportunity and barrier-free recruitment. Additionally, if you require any accommodations during the selection process, please let us know!