At Interaxon, we develop engaging experiences using brain-sensing technology. We are a passionate team of researchers, technical experts and scientists building the world’s leading science-based brain platform to empower personal transformation through human-centred innovation. Our Muse headbands are designed to make meditation easier and provide real-time audio and visual feedback on your meditative state through the Muse companion app. www.choosemuse.com
As Product Designer at Interaxon you are a design thinker who merges skills in visual design, UX and product management to create engaging interactions. You are passionate about creating clean usable interfaces, prototyping clever animated micro-interactions, and articulating complex data through simple visualizations. You'll work with a skilled and kind multi-disciplinary team to bring meaningful design solutions into the lives of our customers.
This role is remote-friendly, with a preference for candidates based in Canada.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with our cross-disciplinary team, ensuring product design needs are identified, aligned, and implemented, to create an industry leading experience.
- Contribute to product roadmap and feature prioritization. Participate in design workshops to define and sketch new potential features and products.
- Design interface concepts for new features and communicate them through wireframes, prototypes and animations which can be presented to the team and tested with users.
- Share your prototypes with application developers to ensure your visual concepts are implemented successfully on native platforms.
- Create interface prototypes for ongoing research sessions and translate findings into improved user interface iterations.
- Work with brand guidelines and dialogue with our marketing team to ensure that all interface design concepts align with the visual brand without sacrificing usability.
- Keep tabs on other ongoing UX and market research processes (surveys, analytics, ethnography, etc.) to maintain a high-level understanding of product and user experience.
Your skills and experience:
- A genuine interest in meditation/mindfulness or in learning about it.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly present designs and build alignment across multiple-stakeholders.
- Excellent tactical visual design skills with a sensitivity to user experience.
- A deep understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and/or Google’s Material Design standards
- Energized by combining user feedback, research, and data insights into a user-centered design process.
- Ability to weigh competing factors to effectively prioritize product design initiatives
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile process
- Up-to-date with the latest mobile apps, digital product trends, techniques, and technologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level education in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience in UX or product design for software with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency in creating mockups, rapid prototypes and animations using Figma, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite
What we offer:
Our collaborative culture is an extension of our vision to empower personal transformation to improve lives and change the world. We have a flexible working environment, on-going work from home options, a great benefits package, weekly team meditations and Zoom yoga, and a commitment to keeping connected while working apart. Join a team passionate about making a difference.
Interaxon is a company fueled on innovation and inclusion. We believe that diversity is an essential part of our workplace culture, and we continue to grow our team through equal opportunity and barrier-free recruitment. Additionally, if you require any accommodations during the selection process, please let us know!
Note: We suggest adding "apps.bamboohr.com" to your contact list so you don't miss any emails from us regarding your application.