At Interaxon, we develop engaging experiences using brain-sensing technology. We are a passionate team of researchers, technical experts and scientists building the world’s leading science-based brain platform to empower personal transformation through human-centred innovation. Our Muse headbands are designed to make meditation easier and provide real-time audio and visual feedback on your meditative state through the Muse companion app. www.choosemuse.com
As a Senior Cloud Application Developer at Interaxon, you will be a key member of the software development team focused on architecting, developing, documenting and maintaining our cloud infrastructure, internal applications and third-party service integrations. This position will work closely with our architects and business stakeholders to continuously evolve our mission critical cloud and data systems.
This is a hands on position that will see you both managing the cloud infrastructure and developing applications. You will be collaborating with stakeholders across teams to ensure our applications and services are designed to support current business needs, while also being prepared to scale as our customer base and product offerings continue to grow.
- You stay on top of the technology stacks you work with, are interested in technologies that you do not, and are always excited to share what you learn.
- You love to learn almost as much as you love to share your knowledge.
- You can work independently with minimal oversight but deeply enjoy the process of collaborating with team members with a wide variety of skills and expertise.
- You are ready to jump in over your head but know when to ask for help.
- You believe that if you are not challenged from time to time, you are not able to fully grow both personally and professionally.
About our core technology stack:
- The core of our cloud systems run on Google Cloud Platform. Google App Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage, Cloud Datastore, Cloud SQL, Dataflow, BigQuery are just some of the services we use.
- We have a variety of applications built in both Flask and Ruby on Rails, running in Google App Engine.
- We use Auth0 for identity management.
- You will work directly with architects and stakeholders to thoroughly understand the ongoing business needs of our products, and are able to translate those needs into practical, reliable, and efficient applications and services that power our cloud services.
- You will develop and maintain our cloud infrastructure and internal applications, automating operations wherever possible, with a constant eye on factoring in scalability as a core part of the infrastructure you develop.
- Provide support directly to internal stakeholders throughout the company to enable highly available application solutions that leverage various cloud services.
- Identify and raise technical, business and operational risks and continuously seek opportunities for increased automation.
- Perform troubleshooting, performance analysis and remediation to improve cloud stability, performance and security.
- Actively manage cloud costs and third-party services, factoring cost management into our infrastructure planning and implementation.
- Help empower fellow cloud team members through training, documentation and mentorship.
- Contribute to the company's ongoing evolution of DevOps practices, working closely with mobile development and testing teams.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- This position requires at least 3+ years building and maintaining high-traffic, cloud native applications. Experience with Google Cloud Platform is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Python, working on applications in a team environment.
- 1+ years of experience with Ruby and the Ruby on Rails framework preferred.
- Experience with SQL and writing complex queries.
- Extensive experience with both relational and document based databases.
- Experience building full stack applications using frameworks such as Flask, Ruby on Rails and Django.
- Experience building RESTful APIs, leveraging OpenAPI.
- Experience integrating identity management, access management, and authorization solutions.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Expert in Git.
- Experience with CI/CD tools.
- Expert in unit testing and end-to-end testing methodologies.
- Solid understanding of monolithic, microservice and cloud native application technologies, with some experience designing, implementing and supporting containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of "big data" fundamentals and workflows, including knowing the difference between data engineering, data analysis and data science.
- Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent professional experience.
What we offer:
Our collaborative culture is an extension of our vision to empower personal transformation to improve lives and change the world. We have a flexible working environment, on-going work from home options, a great benefits package, weekly team meditations and Zoom yoga, and a commitment to keeping connected while working apart. Join a team passionate about making a difference.
Interaxon is a company fueled on innovation and inclusion. We believe that diversity is an essential part of our workplace culture, and we continue to grow our team through equal opportunity and barrier-free recruitment. Additionally, if you require any accommodations during the selection process, please let us know!
Note: We suggest adding "apps.bamboohr.com" to your contact list so you don't miss any emails from us regarding your application.